Downside to expanding rank levels?

Is there any real downside to increasing the rank levels and thus giving you a better indication of your skill bracket?

so like Rank 30 - Rank 1 - would have a good spread, enable matchmaking to be more finely tuned (by that I don't mean having to wait longer for X-Level killer) but for example - rank 30 survivor could get a killer within the 30-20 bracket, rank 20 survivor get one from the 19-10 bracket and so on?


Just an idea but I cant see how stretching out the ranking levels would be a negative?

Comments

  • Queue times can easily be dealt with so I don't see an issue there, im not looking at it from a X survivor against X level killer.


    I'm looking at it from X level survivor being paired up with survivors of a similar skill level, thus the super sweaty tryhards will tend to be together and the potato pluckers too. The idea of widening the ranks is to give a more clear indication of your level of skill - that's how I see it anyway

  • I see what you mean @thatguyinktown - I think this ends up becoming more of a discussion about matchmaking more so than ranking, but I think if there are enough survivors playing the game at any one time you could easily have successful matchmaking. Hell id literally just have three pools of matchmaking if I had my way.

    1-10 10-20 20-30

    High Medium low

    and until you hit the higher bracket you are more "understanding" and "aware" of the skill level of team mates.

  • I don't quite understand your last paragraph (it's late here :) ) @thatguyinktown