Hangin' Out With Clown Again <3

So after several months of not playing him and after seeing some passionate conversations about him from many players, I picked Clown back up at Gas Heaven. His happy carved smile greeted me and we were friends all over again <3

Knowing what a good loop is and what a bad loop is is essential to being a good Killer and even more for Clown, I'm also noticing that I'm identifying Survivor habits since I'm paying more attention to them at the loops which helps out a lot. Throwing ahead of the Survivor and missing feels bad at first but then I realized by doing that I'm herding them into a Dead Zone, for example I threw a bottle at a jungle gym to an Ash's left so he went right and there was nothing there so bam. When I played Clown the first time last year I was playing him all wrong and I see that now, thanks to suggestions from awesome Clowns like @DudeDelicious I'm learning to play him the right way.

Clown is still like every Killer, if you can't apply enough pressure then the Gens go quick. I'm on PC and I switched from console a while back so my Clown is level 15 right now, having some good results from Thrilling Tremors and Pop but even though the combo itself is good it still wastes too much time if the Gen is far away.

Clown, whether you like it or not feels lacking. I feel I could be doing more but I can't because of his limited abilities, every Killer has some form of pressure but the only thing Clown's got going for him is chases. Clown could really benefit from a looking at by the Devs, just having gas bottles doesn't feel enough, he feels strong but he feels like he came out of the oven too early. It feels like he has this hidden potential but it can't break through because it wasn't added to his kit. I can make a whole Discussion about how every Killer provides pressure and they're all bigger than what Clown can do and that needs to change. I might just put that in the comments so this isn't too long.

Anyway, I missed Clown and he is really fun <3

Comments

  • HOW EACH KILLER PROVIDES PRESSURE

    Trapper---strategic traps can create a surprise snowball

    Wraith---He has stealth and speed, able to disappear at will allowing him to juggle.

    Hillbilly---Instadowns create a passive pressure felt by all Survivors and he has high mobility to juggle

    Nurse---I have no comment as I don't play her and rarely see her

    Huntress---Long range Hatchet snipes but she can also juggle Survivors in a chase wounding several Survivors in quick succession.

    Hag---Teleportation

    Doctor---can stall the game indefinitely by existing

    Michael---1 minute of instadowns creates fear and can create a massive snowball

    Leatherface---He has instadowns, grouping up is never a good idea if he's close which forces Survivors to split up. Leatherface can also snowball if he tricks Survivors into feeling safe to unhook.

    Freddy---Teleports, naturally slows Gens, ability gives off Survivor locations, a good Freddy is a good juggler.

    Amanda Piggy---Traps scare Survivors into not doing Gens and also punishes for them doing Gens. Her power stalls the game passively.

    Spirit---High mobility juggling, incredibly hard to predict where she will be at all times.

    Legion---instantly injure multiple Survivors and renders them incapacitated for 10 seconds, can be done multiple times, basically keeps everyone within an instadown state.

    Plague---everyone is an instadown and they are very loud and sneaking is difficult in some areas. If he she gets her upgrade she can take down entire groups within seconds, basically a Myers with range.

    Ghostface---stealth makes him completely unpredictable enabling him to juggle, can instadown groups of unaware Survivors.

    Demogorgon---teleports around the map and his portals waste time to destroy, the very nature of the portals puts Survivors in a constant state of indecisiveness by choosing to destroy them or not destroy them.

    Clown---can slow down Survivors and blur their vision at loops giving him an opportunity to shut them down and force a Survivor into a Dead Zone

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I’d like to add that if you’re serious about investing time into Clown, I recommend playing as many matches as necessary where you DON’T CARE about losing, and practice getting direct hits with the bottles. Be right on top of survivors at first, it teaches you the first part:biding your time and choosing your moment. Then gradually try from further and further away until you feel very comfortable with the throw arc.

    Don’t ever expect to reach a skill level of 100% accuracy, but it should be possible to get good enough to rely on it most of the time.

    Why though?

    IT’S SO GODAMN SATISFYING INTERRUPTING A VAULT, HEAL, REPAIR, UNHOOK, PALLET DROP, TOTEM CLEANSE, OR GATE OPENING FROM A DISTANCE.

    Feels so good.

    Thanks :) I was thinking of that while I was writing. The arc is weird, I think to go far you need to throw more straight and aiming up is more of a time based bottle? I'm really excited :) I'm watching some Clown gameplay right now to study.

  • I'd love to see him buffed in some aspects. He's lacking too much.

  • @HatCreature said:

    HOW EACH KILLER PROVIDES PRESSURE

    Trapper---strategic traps can create a surprise snowball

    Wraith---He has stealth and speed, able to disappear at will allowing him to juggle.

    Hillbilly---Instadowns create a passive pressure felt by all Survivors and he has high mobility to juggle

    Nurse---I have no comment as I don't play her and rarely see her

    Huntress---Long range Hatchet snipes but she can also juggle Survivors in a chase wounding several Survivors in quick succession.

    Hag---Teleportation

    Doctor---can stall the game indefinitely by existing

    Michael---1 minute of instadowns creates fear and can create a massive snowball

    Leatherface---He has instadowns, grouping up is never a good idea if he's close which forces Survivors to split up. Leatherface can also snowball if he tricks Survivors into feeling safe to unhook.

    Freddy---Teleports, naturally slows Gens, ability gives off Survivor locations, a good Freddy is a good juggler.

    Amanda Piggy---Traps scare Survivors into not doing Gens and also punishes for them doing Gens. Her power stalls the game passively.

    Spirit---High mobility juggling, incredibly hard to predict where she will be at all times.

    Legion---instantly injure multiple Survivors and renders them incapacitated for 10 seconds, can be done multiple times, basically keeps everyone within an instadown state.

    Plague---everyone is an instadown and they are very loud and sneaking is difficult in some areas. If he she gets her upgrade she can take down entire groups within seconds, basically a Myers with range.

    Ghostface---stealth makes him completely unpredictable enabling him to juggle, can instadown groups of unaware Survivors.

    Demogorgon---teleports around the map and his portals waste time to destroy, the very nature of the portals puts Survivors in a constant state of indecisiveness by choosing to destroy them or not destroy them.

    Clown---can slow down Survivors and blur their vision at loops giving him an opportunity to shut them down and force a Survivor into a Dead Zone

    Once I read up to Clown, I realize the blurriness survivors recieve is little to nothing, but the add-on that increases it should be basekit imo.

  • @THEghostface said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/814292#Comment_814292

    Once I read up to Clown, I realize the blurriness survivors recieve is little to nothing, but the add-on that increases it should be basekit imo.

    That would help out a lot as I do notice that Survivors panic when they're in the cloud and can lose direction but needing an add-on just to make that part of his power strong feels bad and forces him to be weaker in places he needs it.

  • @HatCreature said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/814338#Comment_814338

    That would help out a lot as I do notice that Survivors panic when they're in the cloud and can lose direction but needing an add-on just to make that part of his power strong feels bad and forces him to be weaker in places he needs it.

    Imagine if intoxicated survivors couldn't see the Red Stain, for example. There's so much various fun gimmicks the developers could introduce to help the Clown with his issues..

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I’d like to add that if you’re serious about investing time into Clown, I recommend playing as many matches as necessary where you DON’T CARE about losing, and practice getting direct hits with the bottles. Be right on top of survivors at first, it teaches you the first part:biding your time and choosing your moment. Then gradually try from further and further away until you feel very comfortable with the throw arc.

    Don’t ever expect to reach a skill level of 100% accuracy, but it should be possible to get good enough to rely on it most of the time.

    Why though?

    IT’S SO GODAMN SATISFYING INTERRUPTING A VAULT, HEAL, REPAIR, UNHOOK, PALLET DROP, TOTEM CLEANSE, OR GATE OPENING FROM A DISTANCE.

    Feels so good.

    Then i guess you're good huntress too?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/814378#Comment_814378

    At the very VERY least more prolonged coughing would be nice, making it much more difficult for survivors to juke.

    Remove his vaulting grunt too! So he can actually mind-game at windows..