Steam Vs Xbox Game pass (PC) matchmaking and lobbies

Hello guys,

I have an Xbox game pass (pc) so I'm now able to play Dead by daylight. Looks like the matchmaking is not the same that is on steam is that correct? Looks strange I wait 20+ minutes for a match even if there are 30k players on steam. Even playing as survivor takes so long.

Are lobbies different? If the two are not the same on the pass will be a dead game very soon.

Thanks

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • I believe there is an option somewhere to enable crossplay with steam players. Make sure it's checked on.

    If it is, I'm not sure what the problem is unless queues are just long

  • Let me check in the option if it is like that.

    I have tried several days and looks always the same

  • Checked there is not.

    Really hoping that lobbies are the same for Xbox pass Pc and steam

  • Bump, still no one knows?

  • Crossplay is not enabled yet.

    You can find all the information you need here:

    @not_Queen said:

    We are expending our PC family!

    Dead by Daylight is now available on the Windows Store.

    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/dead-by-daylight/9nms4sfnbgbh?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

    Enable crossplay option

    Sometime in the next few weeks, PC players will notice a new option labeled “Enable Crossplay”.

    When this option is enabled, PC players will be able to match and play against both Steam and Microsoft Store players. While we understand that expectations are high, we want to reiterate that crossplay is only available between PC versions of the game for the time being. 

    F.A.Q.

    Q: Can I transfer my progress from Steam / XBOX to the Windows Store version? 

    A: No, it is not possible to transfer your progress right now. 

    Q: Will I be able to add friends from another platform (IE. Adding a Steam player on Windows Store)? 

    A: Initially, you will not be able to add friends from another platform. Enabling the “Enable Crossplay” only allows the matchmaker to pair you with all PC players.  

    Q: Will crossplay be extended to the console versions of the game in the future? 

    A: We would like to offer the same treatment for all platforms. We do not have an ETA at this time, but we will keep you posted as new information becomes available. 

    Q: Will Dead by Daylight Mobile be receiving crossplay as well? 

    A: Crossplay is not planned for Dead by Daylight Mobile.  


  • Thanks a lot mate, that is why is taking so long.

    Hoping this will be implemented soon!