Report system feels like it does nothing
I regularly run into players who are extremely rude and extremely condescending towards me, and their behavior appears to go completely unpunished when I report them.
I regularly run into players who are extremely rude and extremely condescending towards me, and their behavior appears to go completely unpunished when I report them.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I would also like to take this chance to ask whether the reporting system in PS4 works? And how did it work?
Maybe BHVR don't just straight ban because one person reported them.
Maybe you are too touchy and report people for them saying something that's not really offensive.
And there's also the question - how the hell do you know if they are not punished? You can tell if they got punished somehow? 🤔
Bluntly put, but essentially correct. Ultimately, the report system isn't there to vindicate the reporter, it's there for players to help the devs weed out toxic players and punish them accordingly. So it's not necessary that players who aren't the ones getting punished feel the effects of the system. Once you've reported someone, you've done your part. It should no longer be your concern.
@BigBubs @Fibijean
If after three years, this type of supposedly unacceptable behavior is still widespread throughout the game, then I feel that I have every right to question the effectiveness of the report system.
There are other reasons why that could be the case, that have nothing to do with the game and more to do with human nature. But that's beside the point. No one is saying you don't have a right to question the system, all people are saying is be aware of the fact that you as a player might not be able to see the bigger picture.
@Fibijean
Then why not take steps to let the player know that their efforts mean something? Other games (Including many that were released long before DBD) give you a notification when someone you reported is disciplined for their actions, why can't DBD?
I have no idea. I'm not a community manager. My point is while that might be nice, you shouldn't expect them to do that because, as I said, at the end of the day the report system does not exist to vindicate the reporters, and whether someone is disciplined is not actually anyone else's business.
You're never going to get rid of all the bad apples. Jerks will always be there, and they should always be reported if their behavior crosses the line.
Also, we have no way to directly evaluate the effectiveness of individual reports -- nor, really, should we. I certainly don't want Behaviour involving me in the process and sending me follow-ups. I don't care that much that I NEED to know what happens to individual people that I report, and I assume that consistently toxic players are being dealt with via Behaviour's process.