lets just talk about the DC Epidemic.

A civil Discussion.

Lately the new rage on this game is pressing "leave match" or pulling the plug on the computer. (The extreme side of things). OR PULLING on the hook, after the first capture by the Killer.

I have to say that I never really came across this type of behavior MUCH. until END GAME COLLAPSE. Now why is that? Since ECG came about. The amount of players raging and DC'ing is really afoot. Infact I see it being the NEXT running joke in SAMMINATION's cartoons!

I kinda wonder if it has to deal with the fact that people are starting to become overly frustrated. Because no matter what efforts they apply to their matches. THat simply put. They lost hope in the match too soon. You see. Before ECG. Players could have BAD team mates and some bad RNG here and there. BUT, as long as they knew they could rescue team mates, play the game through. They still had the "Other" option of leaving the game VIA the hatch.

To be honest. I think the Hatch PRIOR to ECG left us ALL with this nice feeling of. As long as we can get 2 generators done. We can EXIT the match. With a feeling of SOME success.

Today's games played on DBD. Are literally SURVIVORS pressing disconnect OR pulling on the hook quickly and DYING on the hook FAST. ECG doesn't leave anything either. The last remaining survivor has less than 20 seconds to find the hatch or ATTEMPT to get an exit gate open in 2 minutes time. Which isn't working out. Most of the time the gates are too close to one another and a LOUD and annoying buzzer ANNOUNCES your departure. As well as the SNITCH we call "RED LIGHTS" rat the survivor out to the killer. That you were just there... But what do I KNOW. (1,000 hours played) and.... "SCENE!"

Comments

  • I thought this was a "talk about the DC epidemic" not a rant about EGC? From what I can see, it has nothing to do with EGC.

  • I'm personally still glad for hatch closing over standoffs. I remember only winning one because I had a flash light, killer turned before being fully blind and I jumped out. he missed on the quick turn which is the only reason I got out. If anything it's just people deciding "oh first one downed and no gens done, waste of a match cause of snowball effect". Or other such stupid reasons: gen grabbed by a no beads spirit, or ghostface, or pig, or stepping in a trapper trap 3 seconds into a chase.

  • ACTUALLY this would be a pandemic because the game is available in many countries, so it is most definitely international.

    image.png

    (...but yeah, all the disconnecting really sucks. I stand by my suggestion for a stacking 15-minute ban timer that doubles every time you disconnect from a match, and each "ban count" takes several hours to disappear, in reverse order. Also, discontinue the mash-to-struggle; just make that phase automatic, and offer no option to give up. If you want to play Dead by Daylight, then PLAY DEAD BY DAYLIGHT.)