Window hitboxes are terrible

This needs to be fixed ASAP, does anyone know when we can expect improvements? I love dedicated servers, they're necessary for a game like this, but that doesn't mean they aren't in dire need of fixes.

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    (Eye roll)

    Here we go again.

    I’m sure there are plenty in this community that have a copy of that photo showing exactly how a survivor can be hit through an open window.

    Are you doubting me or something, or commenting on how many other people have reported this already so my thread is sort of redundant? I don't understand you right now

  • @Shraar said:

    This needs to be fixed ASAP, does anyone know when we can expect improvements? I love dedicated servers, they're necessary for a game like this, but that doesn't mean they aren't in dire need of fixes.

    You get hit through windows based on what the host or the killer sees this also can sometimes happens due to aim assist which needs to go.


  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/809099#Comment_809099

    What exactly is your complaint?

    You haven’t been clear.

    I’m just presuming your complaining about the same thing everyone complains about in regard to windows/vaults: why a hit occurs through an open window. Let me say that one more time. Open. Window. A killers outstretched arm with a weapon probably gives them a reach of 3 to 4 feet.

    Oh that makes more sense. Yes to be clear I am complaining about hits that I feel should not have landed through an open window.

    You can say "3-4 feet reach" but that argument has no merit because the animations of their swings does not reflect that, leading to frustration over seemingly unfair hits, while at the same time exposing a vital area of the game that lacks polish.

    If they really do have that reach, their animations need to be updated to reflect that. If they're not supposed to (which I believe is more likely, as the frequency of these complaints skyrocketed with dedicated servers being enabled) they need to be fixed.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/809099#Comment_809099

    What exactly is your complaint?

    You haven’t been clear.

    I’m just presuming your complaining about the same thing everyone complains about in regard to windows/vaults: why a hit occurs through an open window. Let me say that one more time. Open. Window. A killers outstretched arm with a weapon probably gives them a reach of 3 to 4 feet.

    Yes, you can be hit when you are right next to the window like the fences on haddonfield. I think everyone understands that. The problem is the vault changes that have happened this year along with the fact they still haven't fixed survivors rubberbanding backwards after vaulting, a problem thats been here for a very long time. Getting hit while you are already running away isn't good game design nor does it make sense.