My Opinion Regarding the Mobile Version (Android)
Just some basic info. I've only played this on a Samsung Galaxy Note9 so far, which for any of the smartphone noobs out there, runs Android. Game runs very well and is pretty much smooth nearly all of the time. At least for myself, anyway. I'm also red rank on all other platforms except for mobile. On mobile, I'm currently 16 as a survivor and just shy of 14 as a killer.
So, I've been really putting some time into the mobile version lately. For one, I really enjoy the fact that I can whip out my smartphone and play a few matches anywhere I have a connection (which is pretty much anywhere these days) and to be honest, I rarely have any issues with lag. I must say that I'm quite impressed so far with the progress made into the mobile port of the game.
There are, of course, a few things that I'm not a huge fan of.
1) Scratches, blood and characters are extremely bright at times. Not exactly sure if this was intended, but it can make it really easy as a killer to find a survivor, especially if they've been sprinting.
2) Some objects in the maps (crates, tires, etc.) appear extremely dark. Sometimes it makes it extremely difficult to see when in the middle of a chase. I've been getting much, much better at it, but it still confuses me why some objects just appear to be black. Do they even have textures? I can't tell at times because they can appear so dark.
3) Movement. Of course, using a virtual analog stick gets the job done, but it can be difficult to walk at full speed without accidentally sprinting. Again, this is something that I've gotten much better at, but I still find myself accidentally sprinting from time to time.
4) Lunging basically requires you to play claw. I can understand playing claw on something like the new Call of Duty Mobile, but it's kind of weird having to play claw just to be able to turn during a lunge attack. I think it might be neat to have a separate button for lunges. Maybe I'm just doing something wrong. Playing games on a touchscreen isn't exactly my forte.
5) Why does tapping the edges of the screen move the camera about a quarter turn? I thought that maybe it was for larger devices such as tablets, but I recently discovered that the mobile version of this game is currently only supported on smartphones.
There are many things that I do enjoy very much, but I won't list every little thing about the game that I enjoy because it's pretty much the exact same as it is on other platforms, with just a few changes having been made.
1) I can play Dead by Daylight pretty much anywhere I go. It's a game that I've loved since launch and I don't see myself stopping anytime soon. Even with the community so divided at the moment, I just play and have fun.
2) Graphics really aren't too bad. I mean, they aren't perfect by any means, but the game looks much better than I had ever anticipated. Adjustable graphics in the settings menu would be a nice addition though. Here's to hoping that it comes soon.
3) I haven't really encountered any bugs. The only big that I've really noticed involves gen grabbing a survivor and the animation just pauses while the survivor runs off. All you have to do is swing your weapon and it goes back to normal, but it has only happened twice so far. Not very common and not very serious, so I'm not going to really make much of a complaint.
All in all, I'm quite impressed with how it's coming along. Progress has been pretty smooth for me. If you own the game on any other platform, then the mobile version isn't going to be the definitive version that you're going to want to play on, but the fact that it's entirely free to play gives anyone that owns a supported device a good reason to try it out when it's officially released in the future.
Congrats to the team working on the mobile port. It's been very enjoyable so far! Hope it draws tons of new players in the future.
Comments