Some thoughts on "genrush"
I have played for over 1, 300 hours. I wouldn't say I am a killer nor a survivor main because I play both sides on a regular basis, but I probably have more hours as survivor.
In case you think this information is relevant; I play solo and I am currently rank 4 as survivor, rank 5 as killer and I've played with and against red ranks many times since I got the game.
Now, to the point; something really needs to be done about gen speed. After having played this game for more than a thousand hours I've learned that most of the time the outcome of a match basically depends on how long ruin lasts. If ruin doesn't last more than 30 seconds or if it's cleansed before someone gets hooked then m1 killers will most likely depip or safety pip at best and survivors will have an easy escape.
So, I came up with an idea, but I'm pretty sure someone has already come up with this:
I think gen regression should be a thing even without ruin (like 2% regression) and that great skill checks shouldn't give you a bonus; this way gens won't pop as fast and at the same time reward survivors for doing a great skill check.
I know gen tapping exists, but to fix that issue survivors should have to do a skill check when they touch a generator, that way the generator will explode if they try to tap it.
Gen regression by 2% could also be a thing everytime the killer damages it.
Like I said, I'm pretty sure someone has already come up with these things, but I'd like to read that you think.
Comments
I dont think skillchecks are the solution for genrush. Good players work through ruin, it would just further the gap between low and highranks. Imo the main problem is 2-3 gens popping at the start. Something like a short global corrupt intervention could work. Make a short stealth phase at the start, give killers some time to setup and find some survivors who cant hide. At lowranks its quite common to see 1-2 minutes pass before the first gen pops even without ruin.
I agree with you, it may not be a definitive solution, however I think it's a small change that can be easily tested and implemented to slow down the game a bit for now while they come up with a better solution.